Within the warmth of a Wellspring centre, cancer patients and their loved ones will find people who understand their experience. They also gain access to free programs that address the everyday challenges that cancer brings.
Wellspring offers a wide variety of free social, emotional, psychological, rehabilitative, and information programs and support for people coping with the everyday realities of cancer.
- Peer Support - Talking with someone who's experienced cancer can provide you with support, comfort and the reassurance that you're not alone in this journey.
- Coping Skills - Practicing Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Meditation and Guided Imagery can help you manage stress levels and symptoms, and regain a sense of control.
- Expressive Programs - The experience of cancer stirs up a lot of emotion. Expressing feelings through art, music, writing or quilting can offer a tremendous release and promote better self-understanding.
- Support Groups - Wellspring is a safe, confidential environment where everyone empathizes with what you are going through. Through Wellspring's support groups you can share experiences with people who are in a similar situation, and learn from them in return.
- Exercise/Rehabilitative Programs - Wellspring's Cancer Exercise program is designed for patients at any stage of treatment. It is an evidence-based, professionally led 30 week program that includes an individual assessment, group exercise sessions, and a home-based exercise plan.
- Education - through a variety of presentations and workshops Wellspring provides practical advice on the day-to-day challenges of living with cancer. Workshops on everything from financial and emotional concerns to post-treatment topics.
Click Here to find the Wellspring centre closest to you.